Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Be Green

I recently started taking courses in patternmaking, and just finished a textiles course, so I've been much more aware of how clothing is constructed and what kind of materials are used. Like, did you know that 50% of all wool used for textiles is recycled from wool garments and unused fabric? I never knew! And, the textile industry has been known to contribute to a lot of pollution and water contamination, so I'm trying to be more environmentally aware when buying new clothes.

So, I decided that from now on, I will try very hard to buy natural fibers, and organic ones when possible, though that is still not very mainstream. There are some stylish options though, and I've culled a few of them to share. Happy early new year everyone! :)

This cute dress by Loomstate is made from 100% organic cotton, and will easily blend in to match your existing wardrobe. I'd wear it with black tights and knee high boots.







I love this EDUN hexagaon dress, made of 100% organic cotton. It's has super cool unusual graphic detailing and is versatile enough for work or for play. Plus it looks really comfy and could take accessories really well - a wide belt or long necklaces would work great.






This 100% organic cotton dress by EDUN is quite chic, and would look great over leggings or skinny jeans. And it's on sale at 50% off to boot- I think it's time for some post-holiday shopping!










No comments: